Doaa Farouk El-Desouky
- Bachelor of Applied Arts – Helwan University , V.G. grade with honour,
- Graduation project with excellent grade .
- Demonstrator at The Faculty of Applied Arts, Advertising department - Helwan University .
- Free studies at The Faculty of Fine Arts in Cairo , department of painting & portraiture .
- Registering to obtain Ph.D in advertising, 2003.- Ph.D in Advertising from The Faculty of Applied Arts, 2006.
- Teacher at The Faculty of Applied Arts , Advertising department, 2006.
- Member of the Syndicate of Plastic Arts.
- Member of the Syndicate of Applied Arts.
- Member of the Association of Cultural Services for sponsoring Applied Arts.
- Member of Art Lovers Association.
Solo Exhibitions :
2003 First solo exhibition "Lawniat Saghirah" (Miniatures) , Kortoba gallery - Cairo , December .
2005 Solo exhibition (Miniatures) – re-display – ElSawy Cultural Wheel, March .
2007 Solo exhibition " The Way There.." - Townhouse On site - Cairo, June.
2007 Solo exhibition " My Own" Enteba3at Khassah" - Cairo atelier, June.
Group Exhibitions :
1996 Advertising department exhibition for " Egyptian Currency design" – Cairo Opera house .
1998 Advertising department exhibition following a workshop for " Arabic typography" - Faculty of Applied Arts
2000 Participation in the exhibition of the free department of painting & portraiture- Faculty of Fine Arts, Cairo
2003 Participation in the 6th Salon for small artworks .
2004 Participation in the 7th Salon for small artworks .
2003 Group exhibition "Egyptian Artists", ElSawy Cultural Wheel, July .
2005 Group exhibition ( Bassamat fanneiiah 2) – The Russian cultural centre - Cairo, April .
2006 First Spring Salon - ElSawy Cultural Wheel, April .
2006 Group exhibition ( Aquavisions ) - ElSawy Cultural Wheel, May .
2006 Workshop for visual arts at " Townhouse " gallery , followed by an exhibition for participating artists – Cairo, June .
2006 Third festival for the National Association of Fine Arts – Alexandria, August .
2006 Group exhibition ( Generations ) oil paintings - ElSawy Cultural Wheel, December.
2006 The 19th Salon for the National Association of Fine Arts , Cairo Opera House - December .
2007 " Sawa " workshop exhibition – " Townhouse " gallery , February .
2007 The 18th Youth Salon – the First Plastic Creation festival – Cairo/Alexandria , March .
2007 AAW 2nd International Annual Youth Salon – Alexandria , April .
2007 Sawa workshop exhibition " Alphabet " – Goethe Institute – Cairo, June. 2007 The French University in Egypt (UFE) exhibition, in parallel to the Egyptian Private Universities Conference – El-Shorook city , September. 2007 Artworks inspired by Tannoura (Sufi dance) exhibition – El-Ghoury – September (Ramadan) , 2007.
2008 “100 mm” exhibition – Artellewa space for contemporary art – Giza, January.
2008 The National Art Exhibition – Modern Egyptian Art museum, Cairo.
Art Activities :
- Workshop for " Arabic typography" - Faculty of Applied Arts , Helwan University 1998.
- Participating in " Sawa " workshop for visual arts – Townhouse gallery, 2006-2007.
- Video Art workshop - Passage35 hall, in collaboration with" Medrar" for contemporary art , March 2007.
- Art Workshop with children in the closing of " Little Architect of El-Darb El-Ahmar Project " in collaboration with the Egyptian Earth Construction Association – Cairo, June 2007.
- Sawa workshop " Alphabet " in collaboration with Goethe Institute Cairo, June 2007.
- Art workshop “Art & audiences” – Plastic Art Sector – Ministry of Culture – Cairo , August 2007.
- “ This should be made public ” Workshop with Anja Lutz - Goethe Institute Cairo, Novwmber 2007 .
- Released art topics, “Portrait” newspaper.
Scientific Activities :
- Attending scientific courses for teaching fundamentals at Helwan University.
- Participating in the Annual conference for the department of advertising – Faculty of applied arts, Helwan University.
-The First Scientific Conference for The Faculty of Specific Education – Ein Shams University, 2007.
- Scientific researches in the field of advertising & graphic design .
- Certificate of Achievement for participating in " Sawa" workshop from Townhouse gallery 2006,2007
- Certificate of Achievement from Goethe –Institute , Cairo for participating in "Alphabet" workshop , from 1-10 June 2007 .
- Certificate of excellence from AAW 3rd International Annual Youth Salon – Alexandria Atelier 2008.
- " Cordoba" Gallery - Egypt .
- " Al-Mawred Al-Thakafy " institution .
- Private acquisitions with individuals in Egypt – Germany – Spain - USA.
since my early beginnings , nature & human emotions have been the inspiring motivations for my work .. through observation & meditation both the surroundings & the inside have affected my style of expression in a way that combines between realism & abstraction .. however , abstraction was & still the dominant in my work, as i consider it the key word to my art .
my work is mainly concerned with figurative abstraction, where the painting is set to meet the viewer's eye somewhere in the middle, where the viewer brings his own experiences to understand and feel what he is seeing.. Through my paintings I attempt to achieve complexity and density , to build suggestive layers & implied meanings , not merely mixing lines & colors only to attract the eye .. I want my painting to be so simply and directly painted along with holding deep emotions & hidden meanings, that it shows the act of painting & expresses the joy and the excitement of it ..
Visual art & different media ..
Throughout practicing art i tried different materials starting with drawing using graphite pencils & paper..this was an obligatory stage that i believe is essential for training & exploring the various basics for drawing & desgin .. i was already having pretty good experience working with color through my study , but still wanted more as i worked with gouache , inks & colored pencils but of course that wasn't enough.. afterwards i began to explore color in different materials starting with oil, oil pastels, watercolor & finally acrylic .. & moving from paper to canvas & wood.
Graphic art as my specialization..
As a graphic artist i practiced graphic art & printing using different materials such as zinc, wood, linolium & carboard(couvrage).. i've had some production, but still planning to continue through that field, as it is considered unique & produces significant results.. As computer & digital technology have spread widely all over the world in various fields, visual art was on the top of the list.. through my specialization in advertising & graphic design i was introduced strongly to the new media which became essential in this field .. & of course being a graphic artist there wasn't a chance to let this go by !! i started doing computer graphic through my work of art exploring different techniques, experiencing different moods & getting interesting results .